Friday, December 30, 2016

Out With The Old, In With The New Blog Hop

I am so excited to be taking part in this...my first ever Blog Hop.




I am part of a group of Stampin Up demonstrators who are training with Janet Wakefield, to make this a remarkable sale-a-bration for our customers.  There are 20 of us, so make sure you hop over to each of our blog posts, each one leading to the next.  You will see the link at the bottom of this post.

So our challenge for this blog hop, is to create a project using a Holiday Catalogue product and a NEW item from the Spring Occasions/SAB catalogue.  I knew I wanted to feature the Merry Mice stamp set....they are so cute, marching along carrying gifts.  Straight away I thought of birthdays...and the new Party Animal suite.



To make this card, I used thick Whisper White card stock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" for the base.  A piece of Island Indigo card stock 5 1/4" x 4" and a piece of the new Party Animal Designer Series Paper 5" x 3 3/4".  A piece of Emerald Envy card stock 1 1/2" x 5" which were all layered.  I stamped the Merry Mice on a piece of vellum 1 1/2" x 5" which was then adhered to the Emerald Envy.  The stamp set I used was Balloon Adventures (coming January 4, 2017) for the It's Your Birthday which I stamped and then die cut with the Oval Layering Framelit dies.  I used the new Emerald Envy 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon to embellish.  

Product List


If you do not have a copy of the new Spring Occasions and SAB catalogues, and live in Canada, email me at baashunt@gmail.com and I will rush one out to you.

For news about upcoming Classes and Workshops, please click on the tab above and view my calendar.  Would love to see you in my craft room.

Before you go however, click on the LINK HERE to hop over to Fiona's blog.

Cheers
Anne

17 comments:

  1. Lovely card and great idea to mix the stamps with new DSP. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little mice! Glad to see they can continue on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherri....they really are kinda sweet.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love that new DSP! So cute with the little mice - it looks like they're heading to a party 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah, that was exactly my vision for this card.

      Delete
  4. SO Cute - I love the way you used the mice for a birthday card - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marti.....just seeing them marching along with gifts, made me think of birthdays, not just Christmas. :)

      Delete
  5. That card is so darn cute, the mice are a favorite of mine (next to the moose) and you've made great use of the new DSP! Happy mice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carole Anne....they are such fun to work with, and I love this new DSP, so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever use of those mice! They will be missed.
    Thank you for hoping with usd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I see those mice I regret not getting them a little more! Great mashup of old and new!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I am not sure why I didn't get those cute little guys. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your little mouse birthday parade! xx

    ReplyDelete